Are you looking to get back in shape? If that is the case, then you should know that there is no better way to get started than with a rigorous cardio workout program.Keep in mind that one of the most vital tasks to improving one’s fitness level is building up one’s stamina. It should go without saying that the road ahead will not be easy, so make sure to bring all your willpower and discipline with you.
Assessing Your Fitness Level
Before anything else, you will first need to have a full grasp of your actual fitness level. That being said, it is time that you ask yourself a set of basic questions:
- When was the last time that you exercised?
- How does quickly does fatigue set in after doing some basic exercises?
- Are you recovering from any sort of illness or injury?
- Would you characterize your lifestyle as sedentary?
Needless to say, you need to be honest with yourself so that you have a concrete starting point. After all, your fitness level will pretty much dictate the specifics of your cardio program as well as the pace you need to follow.
The Importance of Sticking to Your Goals
While it may be tempting to start with intense workouts right off the bat, we highly recommend that you start with a realistic fitness goal and work on how to actually get there. You need to ensure that your workout plan revolves around the specific goals you have set for yourself. More importantly, it needs to be entirely plausible and grounded in reality. Readers need to understand that this is a matter of consistency, not intensity. It also comes highly recommended that you consult with your physician first before starting any cardio workout plan.
Cardio Tips to Remember
- Be wary of your intensity levels – It is vital that you keep close track of the exertion scale. In particular, pay close attention to your heart rate and breathing.
- Pace Yourself – This is not a race, you need to ensure that you can keep up the routine in a sustainable fashion.
- Tune in: Grab some of your favorite noise cancelling headphones and tune into some of your favorite songs, while leaving the noise level of the world outside.